Comprehensive and accessible dental care for your children
Proudly supported by Caring Touch Dental, this Australian Government scheme brings vital Medicare funded dental treatment to more than 3 million children in Australia.
Eligible children between the ages of 2 – 17 can receive $1000 in capped benefits over a two-year period.
At Caring Touch Dental, recipients of the Child Dental Benefit Scheme will always be bulk billed – which means no out of pocket expenses unless you exceed the $1000 benefit limit within the two year period.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is available to children in families that receive the Family Tax Benefit A or one or more of the following government payments:
- Parenting Payment
- Youth Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Special Benefit
- Carer Benefit
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme for children 16 and over.
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, for children 16 and over.
Note: Even if you received any of the above government payments for only part of a calendar year, you will still be eligible for the full amount offered by the scheme if you apply within that year.
What The Child Dental Benefits Schedule covers
Commencing at the start of a calendar year, rather than from the first appointment date, the schedule can be used to cover a wide range of general services including:
- Dental check-ups
- Teeth cleaning
- Fissure Seals
- Root canal treatment
- Partial dentures
- The $1000 capped benefit can be used in one year or over two, but is only available for two continuous calendar years after which any remaining benefit is lost.
- Any remaining portion of the $1000 capped benefit not used in the first year will be available in the second year.
- The benefit is not transferrable to other patients.
- Whether your child is turning 2 or 18 during the year, they will still be entitled for the full calendar year.
Caring Touch Dental: Compassion and Professionalism
Along with Orthodontics, Paediatric and children’s dentistry is a passion and key area of expertise for Dr Kim. With considerable post-graduate experience in caring for children with disadvantaged and special needs backgrounds, Dr Kim has developed a range of unique skills to augment her empathetic and sensitive approach to children of all ages and backgrounds.
Even if your children are not eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule, Caring Touch Dental offers a range of no gap services and discounts to Health Care Card holders as well as competitive prices.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme or anything else please do not hesitate to contact the team at Caring Touch Dental on 49430600.